Dearest Runaway Nuns and Leprechauns:
A few days ago, I was having one of those, “one of them days” type of days which I incessantly rant about here.
I honestly felt like doing nothing other than drowning in a tub full of my own tears and liquid-drama. I couldn’t even get myself to write anything since last Monday, and I was feeling pressure from every angle and direction in my life. To spare you any further melodrama, i’ll fast forward to the part where I received a notification with a comment from you on the blog. And while this
may sound is super corny, my heart kinda skips a beat every time I get a like, a new comment, or a new follower. But upon reading your comment, my heart didn’t skip a beat, it stopped. You literally killed me. I was like WHAT? WHY ON EARTH!? REALLY?! NO SERIOUSLY?! THAT’S INSANE!
I mean to be honest I’m often kind of just expecting something along the lines of:
So you can only imagine that you nominating me along with a group of other INCREDIBLE writers for the Versatile Blogger Award, hit me pretty profusely in a sensitive spot. And for sure, I made a tsunami out of what many others would label as “a light sprinkle of rain”. I’m the one who turns the “pencil-drop” into an “atomic-bombing”. But I do that. It’s just a thing I do. You know? I just overdo everything.
So THANK YOU!!!!!! For making me feel like I am worth *something* as
an aspiring blogger a nut job with a laptop.
So here are THE RULES
- Thank the person who nominated you. BAM! DONE!
- Share 7 facts about yourself. BAM! DONE!
- Nominate 10 other bloggers of your choice. I really couldn’t do 10… but I can explain…
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination. This was the hardest part, if anything!
- Before having kids, I randomly left Miami for the first time ever, and decided BUFFALO, NY would be the ideal move. I studied hardcore Chemistry there for 2.5 years at the University at Buffalo. But the weather depressed me enough to send me running back home for good. I did not finish my chem degree and this is one my greatest regrets, which I rarely like to talk about.
- My fiancé/baby daddy and I met when we were 16. We were in a relationship all through high school and through my first year of college. It ended pretty badly, thus my decision to move to NY. 3 years later, we ended up together. This time for good. (He had a daughter during this gap) and here we are 9 years, and 2 other kids later.
- I have an issue choosing a style of handwriting. My handwriting goes from elegant, to graffiti from one sentence to the next. It’s impossible to keep track of.
- I believe (profoundly) in aliens & mermaids. But I’m 100 percent certain, there is no Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, or Santa Claus. Why didn’t anyone warn me that I would also become all 3 of those fuckers upon entering motherhood?!
- I’m super girly, but I’m not afraid to get dirty! One of my greatest hobbies is MUDDING! We own several ATV’s and it’s such an escape from the pressures of city life…
- When I grow up, I want to have a bank account with money in it. Thanks. Carry on.
- I absolutely LOVE storms, rainy days, lightning, thunder… something about sad weather makes me happy. It just soothes my soul.
And now I nominate…
a few blogs that though I may be new to…have already sparked inspiration, laughter, and a will to continue to push myself as a writer. I wanted to nominate another 3-4 of my top fave blogs, but to no surprise, you’ve all already won this award if not MANY many others and are already WP-Famous. So I chose writers that I feel i connect to/relate with, and that are well on their friggin’ ways to being WP-Famous so maybe they’ll remember the little writers later on (like me!). Hahah
Anywho, I have chosen:
I’m so glad I’ve bumped into you all! And I’m so excited to keep reading and I hope that we can all help each other grow as women, and writers!